Stage 1: Growth
Stage 2: Plateau/Maintain/Status Quo
Stage 3: There is no status quo.
The alternatives are raising the bar to improve or slowly sink to mediocrity. As much as everyone would like to see growth to continue in a straight-line function, reality dictates that it is not. Western Tractor has successfully implemented several processes and searching for the methodology to take their leadership and dealership to the next level.
Top Inefficiencies -
Prior to Module One, participants: Complete a leadership multi-rater assessment measuring the critical leadership attributes critical to achieving success at implementing this methodology.
Begin identifying the major time wasting events both within their location as well as throughout the dealership.
- Focuses on prioritizing the top ten issues that contribute to organizational inefficiency within their location and throughout the dealership. The participants identify specific strategies to implemented to minimize/eliminate these inefficiencies.
- The critical leadership skills to utilize the Frustration Is Your Best Friend methodology will be introduced.
- The time between Modules One and Two focuses on implementation and monitoring the success of strategies eliminate/minimize the inefficiencies.
Critical Leadership Skills -
Critical Leadership Skills
- Review progress.
- Develop strategies to minimize/eliminate the next two issues from the master list.
- Introduce critical leadership skills.
The time between Modules Two and Three focuses on implementation and monitoring the success of the strategies defined in both Modules One and Two. Module Three continues the process outlined for Module Two.
- Continues the process outlined for Module Two.
- Subsequent to Module Three, participants continue to focus on implementing the strategies from all three modules or until they are integrated into the culture. Additionally, they systemically address additional time wasters. This process becomes “a way of leading and doing business.”
- Participants will then implement a twelve-month accountability process to continue building on and quantifying success.
Additional Course Info
The Frustration Is Your Best Friend process is designed to take your dealership to the next level through:
- Identifying leadership/operational inefficiencies that are stealing profits
- Defining leadership/teamwork/operational strategies to maximize performance and thus restrict the loss of dollars
- Implement an accountability system to ensure the organization stays on track.
- Learn through using a systemic management process to identify and minimize/eliminate leadership and operational inefficiencies.
- Integrate this process into Western Tractor’s culture.
- Time is money, thus reducing time wasted on leadership/operational inefficiencies is contributing profit to your financial bottom line.
- Create the culture to focus on maximizing leadership and organizational performance.
Schematic View of Methodology
Prior to Module One, participants:
- Complete a leadership multi-rater assessment measuring the critical leadership attributes critical to achieving success at implementing this methodology.
- Begin identifying the major time-wasting events both within their location as well as throughout the dealership.
Critical Success Factors
- Participants’ engagement to openly and honestly:
- Evaluate leadership and organizational attributes that sabotage success.
- Accept responsibility for whatever attributes that are identified in step 1A.
- A leadership focus to implement the strategies.
- Implement an accountability process to qualitatively and quantitatively measure success.
- Included in this process is a peer-to-peer accountability system so that colleagues are helping each other to stay on track.
- Each module is 1 ½ days in length.
- The time to change the way business is done to improve efficiency: In reality, the process substitutes a behavior that is more “organizationally healthy” for one that is not.